Sunday, September 16, 2007

Trip to Cali


Just getting back from visiting California to meet Brian's parents. Things went really well. They threw us a little baby shower brunch and we received our first batch of baby stuff. We got lots of wonderful gifts including a stroller/infant car seat from Brian's parents. Plus I got to see the city. It was all so very beautiful, I actually think I'm looking forward to moving. That won't happen until after the baby gets here though, so one step at a time.

We came back from our trip last night to an eerily empty house (our roommates moved out while we were gone), reminding me how very much there is to do before the baby gets here. I've started planning out where the furniture will go, and My parents are coming to help us move stuff around this weekend. Also I have to get addresses together so that my mom can send out baby shower invitations, something that I probably should have taken care of before we left for Cali. 
My third trimester technically starts tomorrow. It's king of scary how fast December is coming up. I'm continuing to gain weight (no surprise with the way we ate on the trip), and my ankles have started swelling some. Lilia (note the name change) seemed to enjoy flying (or at least kicking me during takeoff and landing). She's been very active and hopefully Brian will be able to feel her move again soon. We have a Doctors appointment on Friday so I'm sure I will post again afterwards. 

No comments: